• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator on the cheap?

msoumas

The patch job I did a year ago on my leaking radiator didn't survive the winter, and it looks like I'm about to have to drive the truck a lot more. I can probably get by lugging a massive supply of water around with me, but I need to replace it sooner rather than later. Unfortunately, I don't exactly have a ton of extra cash at the time, either.

Anyone know where I can get a radiator for my 1009 on the cheap? Used, new, doesn't matter to me as long as it's in decent shape.

hre513

Ebay had a cheap radiator for the 6.2 diesel. Have you tried your local auto parts store? There are also members parting out CUCVs in the classifieds.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ever thought about having it repaired...by a radiator shop?

GFB

I had to recently replace mine. Radiator shop said it would be cheaper to replace than recore. The readyrad replacement is a pretty nice brass/copper unit and runs around 320 most everywhere. I had a friend who worked at advance auto and got mine for 269 with his discount.

army_man15

I just got one from autozone a three weeks ago, $319.00 w/ Free Shipping,

1986 Chevrolet Truck K30 1 ton P/U 4WD 6.2L Diesel 8cyl
Spectra Premium/Radiator

Part Number:CU850

Dropped right in and had both the Eng. Oil Cooler and Trans cooler
Hope this helps

msoumas

I just got one from autozone a three weeks ago, $319.00 w/ Free Shipping,

1986 Chevrolet Truck K30 1 ton P/U 4WD 6.2L Diesel 8cyl
Spectra Premium/Radiator

Part Number:CU850

Dropped right in and had both the Eng. Oil Cooler and Trans cooler
Hope this helps
I just got a quote for more than that for a used take-off, + $100 for shipping! rofl

Think I've got a good line on one for $75 +ship though, so hopefully I won't be carrying water jugs everywhere I go for too long.

OL AG '89

I'm gonna go for obvious here at the risk of sounding well, obvious....
A $3k investment protected by a cheap, inexpensive, "good" cooling system...
Money is tight, but replacing a engine after overheating makes my exit hole slam shut....
Spend your money on the stuff that matters, especially if it were to fail.....

Anything not obvious about that???

kapnklug

Checkout RockAuto.com, I got one there for about $275 including shipping to NY. Look for the one with the most plates in the oil coolers.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks