• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator question

Red Dragon

Hi all, could not find this answer anywhere. I have a 1985 m1028 with a slight pinhole leak in the radiator, just looking at options for a replacement. Can I get away with a single core radiator and do away with the oil and tranny cooler lines? This truck is primarily used in winter warfare plowing snow not middle east blistering hot desert war. My thought was to plug them, not sure if that would harm the tranny or engine or if a single core would fit right. . .the single core radiator is less expensive also is match fit to a k30 6.2. Thanks for advice!

Sorry accidentally posted this to website help Newbie alert!

Last edited:

cucvrus

No you need all the cooling you can get to plow snow. It is one of the hardest things you can do to a vehicle. It will burn op the transmission with out the transmission cooler and the engine will run hot with a single core and the oil will just keep getting hotter and the whole vehicle will be useless in a short time of plowing. Just spend about $350. and be done with it. Do the job right the first time or do it over and over and ruin more things real quick. .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks