• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator Replacement Options for 2007 M1152 6.5L TD

TXManka

It looks like I’m going to need a new radiator for my M1152 6.5L TD. Are there any good aftermarket options? I’m looking for an alternative to a new $1,600+ OEM.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like I’m going to need a new radiator for my M1152 6.5L TD. Are there any good aftermarket options? I’m looking for an alternative to a new $1,600+ OEM.
I contacted Champion Cooling and asked them to make one, saying that they will sell additional units as more 6.5L TD engines with the larger radiators are coming on the market.
I sent them pictures and they are review it to see if they can source a core large enough.

EDIT: I presume yours is the longer ECV radiator, about 36" in overall length?

Last edited:

TXManka

I contacted Champion Cooling and asked them to make one, saying that they will sell additional units as more 6.5L TD engines with the larger radiators are coming on the market.
I sent them pictures and they are review it to see if they can source a core large enough.

EDIT: I presume yours is the longer ECV radiator, about 36" in overall length?
Yes, my M1152 is the ECV version. It would be awesome if they had one available. Please let me know if you hear more.

TXManka

Can I ask what is so wrong with yours that you need to replace it?
I don’t yet know the extent of the damage. I have a heavy leak coming from the front of the HMMWV where the radiator meets the shroud. I’ve raised the oil cooler and can’t see any leaks coming from the top of the radiator so it’s somewhere on the underside. I will be removing the radiator later this week. Hopefully it can be repaired but just planning for the worst case scenario.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t yet know the extent of the damage. I have a heavy leak coming from the front of the HMMWV where the radiator meets the shroud. I’ve raised the oil cooler and can’t see any leaks coming from the top of the radiator so it’s somewhere on the underside. I will be removing the radiator later this week. Hopefully it can be repaired but just planning for the worst case scenario.
Any good radiator shop can repair almost anything. I watched my radiator being repaired and it was pretty amazing watching them separate the tanks and removing the end plates. Guy looked like Santa Clause. Hahaha I told him you look like Santa Clause and he said I play him every year with my wife Mrs Clause! Can’t make that stuff up. I needed a different radiator repaired and I couldn’t remember the shop so I called 3 shops asking if Santa Clause worked there and I finally found the right shop.

T9000

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any good radiator shop can repair almost anything. I watched my radiator being repaired and it was pretty amazing watching them separate the tanks and removing the end plates. Guy looked like Santa Clause. Hahaha I told him you look like Santa Clause and he said I play him every year with my wife Mrs Clause! Can’t make that stuff up. I needed a different radiator repaired and I couldn’t remember the shop so I called 3 shops asking if Santa Clause worked there and I finally found the right shop.
Mine has a very light leak, the coolant rarely makes it on the floor, and it doesn’t always leak, so yes, I would rather repair it, but some here said it would be better to just replace it. Initially it looked like a new aluminum radiator would be about $400, but later it turned out that nobody makes the larger ECV radiator, so the repair is back in the picture.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has a light leak, the coolant rarely makes it on the floor, so I would rather repair it, but some here said it would be better to just replace it. Initially it looked like a new aluminum radiator would be about $400, but later it turned out that nobody makes the larger ECV radiator, so the repair is back in the picture.
I was told by Santa Clause that brass core was better than aluminum core. I don’t know if it’s true because he’s fixing brass core radiators. I need to go my 150 pound Mastiff farted in my face for the 3rd time. I need to stop feeding him chili. Eyes are watering good luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks