• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiator

Mass Ownage

Ok so after several monthes of dealing with a leaky radiator, i'm going to replace it. Anyone know a good source for one? I'm in southern Louisiana.

tdoskey

Have you considered removing the radiator and have it inspected by your local radiator repair shop to see if it can be repaired? I just did this with a heater core on a Deuce. The repair was very inexpensive.

bracebldr

ok so after several monthes of dealing with a leaky radiator, i'm going to replace it. Anyone know a good source for one? I'm in southern louisiana.
most good radiator shops can use your tanks and have core part made so you can get a upgraded core to look original. Did one for mine for 320.00 pricey but no tubes welded off or another leak soon from rod and repair service.

ARYankee

I would say if you need a new one then Memphis Equipment would be your best bet. I had a leaky radiator but I soldered it myself because it was leaking around the tank crease.

emr

I have a brand new deuce radiator for 575 in Northern NJ, Memphis is the absolute most expensive. i have heard they are getting way ove 800...Just an fyi, i have not had good dealings with them, Randy

Mass Ownage

OK, the radiator shop said they couldn't fix it because the tube was splitting everytime they tryied the repair. Dunno, I'm not a radiator guy. But it looks like I need a radiator.

bracebldr

OK, the radiator shop said they couldn't fix it because the tube was splitting everytime they tryied the repair. Dunno, I'm not a radiator guy. But it looks like I need a radiator.
If the tube leak is isolated to only a couple tubes those specific tubes can be closed and it will only slightly decrease cooling efficency.They pinch off and solder closed. the tube splitting issue does however make a statement to the overall condition of radiator. This means at some point sooner than later you will want to replace it. good radiator shops can order by size any core for any vehicle and u would then have fundamentally a new radiator.

tdoskey

I concur with bracebldr. I used to be in the auto repair business and have had this done a few times to get the customer by until they could afford a new radiator. Many times this would completely solve the problem if there were only one or two bad tubes.

Mass Ownage

Yeah it was kims. He's working up a price to put in a new core. anyone ever put in a diifere t radiator? I'm looking through my books at work and have several that would fit with some custom brackets.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Only problem with different radiator is the bottom outlet would have to be exactly in the same spot. There is very little room for the lower hose to run.

saddamsnightmare

February 1st, 2010.

Massownage:

An Industrial or large truck radiator shop should be able to fix your radiator. It may take a new bottom and top plate to be fitted to the tanks, but they can get you a heavier duty, higher capacity unit that will not look too bad. I had a Ford Model "T", 1926 that had a Monkey Ward Radiator from the 1930's in it, and the core was shot. A winchester,Va. Radiator shop recored it with new top and bottom tank (lids?) and a new core for about $300.00, whereas a new from scratch unit is about $600.00 or more. Apples and Oranges? No, the deuce is just another heavy duty truck, and I am sure if you look around, you can get the unit recored. Sooner or later we are all gonna have to cough the coin up, as most of our radiators get punished pretty hard and time is taking it's toll, no matter how hard we try to beat it at the game.....

Just my 2cents worth,

Good luck,

Kyle F. McGrogan:p

Mass Ownage

I found several Ag. radiators close enough the right size with enough passes and capacity. Waiting on a reply for the price. Also waiting on Kim's radiator to give me a price on changing my core, but he is taking forever! and i am on a time line!

Last summer my m52a2 started leaking a round the bottom drain plug. it looked like some thing hit the petcock I removed it from the truck and dropped it off to get repaired .when I went back they had it apart and where going to put in a new core but then they could not find a core some of there sources that supply them have went out of business . I brought all the pieces home and ordered one from memphis equipment . I glad I have a new radiator but they should have fixed the leak like I asked . kenny