• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radiators

acmunro

Fit is the same. My friends M1009 had fewer rows. I think it was 2 or 3 rows instead of 4. It was a GL truck that we recovered and it had what looked like the original radiator. It was all rotten and leaking. I remember it had a much thinner core. Maybe just a fluke.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
according to the GM parts book they are different.
D1 3053691
D3 3053692

that's not to say that one won't work for the other though.

haggis6145

Thanks guys. My M1028 rad has a small leak, gotta replace it at some point. But...they want $800 up here. So, I figured I'd wait for a deal. There is a new M1009 rad for sale on eBay that will probably be a lot less. Any thoughts on the exchange?

acmunro

I'd ask the seller on e-bay how many rows (cores) the radiator has. If it has 3 and you don't tow a lot or load real heavy
on hot days I think you would be alright. If it has 4 it should be a direct replacement. Good luck

motormayhem

Thanks guys. My M1028 rad has a small leak, gotta replace it at some point. But...they want $800 up here. So, I figured I'd wait for a deal. There is a new M1009 rad for sale on eBay that will probably be a lot less. Any thoughts on the exchange?
Just got mine cleaned out (pulled one of the side tanks off and cleaned each tube) and fixed for $70 and it looks as good as new. Might just want to do that.

acmunro

Are they also the same as the civvy radiators?
Yes they are. I got lucky and found an almost new one at a swap meet for $30.00. One thing I know is the 1982 civi trucks with the 6.2 used different fittings for the oil cooler in the radiator. Not sure about 1983. As long as you match up the year you should be ok.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radiators in the Blazers are smaller than in the Pickups
Where did you get this info from? Any supporting evidence? Thank you for posting but to help other people please list your sources.

According to the tech manual TM 9-2320-289-20p there is one one part number listed for all the CUCV trucks.
GM 3058966

In Civvy trucks your statement may be correct but not in CUCVs.

Last edited:

jj

The radiator in my M-1009 is the same dimensions as the radiator in my 79 C-30, with a 350 gasser. The 79 radiator does not have the engine lube oil cooler, though. But they do interchangably fit the space. Both are four row. And both appear to be the original radiators. Others results may vary, of course.