• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio ID?

tbanks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
ID

Looks to be the old Korean era sets with the RT66-67-68 receiver transmitters.PP109 or 112 power supplies,R 108-109-110 guard receiver.Cant remember the designation off the top of my head but we have the origonal manuals for all the individual parts.These were common in the tracks and tanks from Korea through the mid 70s.Later years were mainly guard or reserve units as the RA had updated to the VRC12 series by the mid 60s.Pieces on the far right were the AM65 and RT79, the AM65 was used for inner vehicle communication.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It depends on several variables as to which
radio set this is. The right hand lower unit is the AM-65 Int Amp. the unit piggybacked on top of it is the RT-70 (low pwer radio,mainly used veh to veh in convoy) the radio to the immediate left of these is one of three possibilities. RT-66,RT-67,or RT-68. The next unit in line is either a PP-112 or a PP-109 (depending on primary voltage) then far left would be the R-108,R-109,R-110 Guard reciever. (Depending on the Frequency of the set) And these combo nations constituted a
particular radio set. If you can supply the
freq.range I can supply the correct nomenclature for this set. popacom / BILL :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks