• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

radio install

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I hooked up a radio the truck needed sound. Not much room to do anything I have a 24-12 dc converter in the batt box along with an old ads power plate running the mid/highs and a powered 8" sub mounted on the back of the bench seat next to the radio. The radio is an alpine mechless its am fm ipod control. Speakers are custom autosound they make a bunch of cool stuff mostly hideaway stuff for vintage cars so you can keep the stock look. Sub is crutchfields house brand I bought the scratch and dent one they sent me a brand new one anyways cant beat that.

1.jpg8.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The seat is a global air ride they are mil surplus but global makes civ versions. The radio case is a Pyle cheapie from the bay it had a wiring harness built in but i removed it and just ran my wires straight thru. The truck is so much more enjoyable with music. I am doing my tractor next it is a soft top and Memphis makes a marine radio with iPod control it had a remote display and you can tuck the main control in the battery box. I am going to start on that in about a month.

kicker9898

Nice looking install :naner:

I decided tonight while deciding where to mount what...that I needed to remove the "glove box" behind the seatback. 2 hours later the last bolt got to stay in for one more night. Nearly impossible to get a wrench on the nut next to the seat bracket :shock:. I guess I could have just rearranged my components but where is the fun in that!

The radio mount on the back of the seat is a good one, I may have to go mech-less myself if the stereo I have now doesn't work out. I like the speakers, those are cool.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I bought an ammo can the same size as the glove box it opens from the side if you have a passenger you can't get to the glove box so I was going to do a swap one of these days