• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio installation in m113 question

Steamynachos

Hi guys when the rt-524 is mounted and there is a am-2060 tray with a prc-77 next to it in a M113 is it called something ( vrc-46 or vrc-12) or something similar. Is there an installation manual to show how it is hooked up? I know the rt-524 is hooked up to the intercom but is the am-2060 tray also hooked up so you can listen to either radio when mounted? I have the TM-11-5820-401-20-1 and it doesn't show this type of installation. would the -2 for traced vehicles show this Ive looked everywhere for the -2 and cant find it anywhere.

wsucougarx

This what you looking for? Check ebay! Search under "VRC-12" and you'll see her. To answer you question, it does show how to hook it all up. Includes the cable CX #'s etc. I just picked up a copy just to have;-) I was just in your neck of the woods a couple weeks ago. Drove from Lake Louise to Medicine Hat. Didn't stop in Calgary..too big of a city for me;-)

Attachments

Last edited:

ke6rwj

creating havoc one broken bolt at a time...
Steel Soldiers Supporter
essentially the two radios are both connected to the intercom, one as the A radio and the other as the C radio (B is rx only, for like R442).. the AM-2060 uses the same mount as the RT524, and has the same connections via the mount... although its only ~2 watts out, whatever the PRC in it can do..

we used to intermix these all the time, although you wont *really* find a VRC designation for the two mixed, i dont think..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks