• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio model for a CUCV

Madfarmersson

Hey can any body tell me what model of radio the military put in
Military blazers, I believe M1009 is the correct name.
Also where would some one find a radio and antenneas and mounts and at what cost?
This is not a wanted ad I am just curious. Any help would be great.

Madfarmersson.[thumbzup]

Fred431

Your looking at $500 + or - for everything depending if you want a working radio or just a display In addition you will need the mount, cables , antenna matching unit and antenna rods This stuff is very heavy and expensive to ship. this stuff is usually available at most military flea markets

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
lol love it when people don't help and post to go look somewhere else, true somepeople need to use the search but what if someone that does't know what to look for, how would they search for it then? the amount of time posting to go look somewhere else could be used to help someone that's all thanks

Madfarmersson

Thanks to all,

I am probably going to get a nonworking radio, the main idea is to just make it complete.
I believe I saw a RT-524 on E-bay or maybe something similer, I have been looking for a
PRC-25 for a while and looks like most all raidos are in foreign countries, I will do some research on the 524.

Is there any particular model of antenna? I am new to this.

Armada: thanks for the photo, now I know what I am looking for.:grin:

MuleMac01[thumbzup]

Madfarmersson.

mistaken1

lol love it when people don't help and post a response to someone else's post and ignore the original poster's question. the amount of time posting could have been spent posting something useful to help someone that's all thanks

Fred431

You are going to need one of the following items as a minimum for your installation Mount 1029/VRC, Antenna Matching Unit MX6707, Antenna AT-1095/VRC(two pieces), Cable Power CX-4720/VRC, Control Cable CX-4722/VRC, Cable Radio Frequency CG-1773B/U and a M80 microphone
You also mentioned not being to find a PRC-25 why not use a PRC-77 the are basically the same and combine that with a AM2060 amplifier which will make the PRC-25/77 a mobile unit These are quite plentiful in the US also Google PvtJarhead he sells radios
Hope this helps

mistaken1

There was an outfit from Israel selling complete new in the box MX6707 bases plus the AT-1095/VRC antennas on epay.

I believe some members have the bases and antenna elements as well. I picked up a set of spare used elements from HAWKMAN (wife likes stopping at the sonic drive through)

Fred431

Yes the PRC-77 is a updated version of the PRC-25 but they are plentiful here in the good old USA No need to buy from a foriegn country not to mention the high shipping costs The main diff between the PRC-25 and the PRC-77 the PRC-25 has a tube in it the PRC-77 is all transistorized and is also capable of secure voice KRYPTO also easier on batteries

Fred

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks