• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio mount for HMMWV GMV

Crapgame

The M1290 InfiniD Power Distribution Box/Inverter, I did the initial research on it quoted above. Inside the 9" x 11" x 3.25" aluminum box are two of these Vicor V1-P111-EV 24VDC to 12VDC 400 watt inverters inside: VICOR VI-P111-EVV DC-DC POWER CONVERTER 24 VOLT INPUT 400 WATT CHASSIS MOUNT | eBay

The electronic components are accessible through a flat aluminum panel on the left hand side (facing the Driver) by removing 8 each #8 pan head Phillips screws. Each of the 4 sides overlaps the access panel side by about 0.75" for the screws to tap into. Main box is 0.125" thick, the access panel 0.064" 14 gauge sheet.

The box is wired so if one of these inverters goes Mammaries Vertical, you can flip a toggle switch on top to transfer everything plugged into the box to operate off of the remaining...2 is 1, 1 is none. Each of the 2 toggle switches on top has a rounded protective guard.

The InfiniD backside has 4 each 4 pin 12VDC female plugs and 4 each 2 pin 24VDC female plugs on the back. Each with a 10amp push button reset circuit breaker.

There is a later version of the InfiniD in black paint with an Amphenol connector on the wiring pigtail, that is used in the M1165-series GMVs.

One of the (GMV Builder Group on fascistbook) was making replicas of the aluminum box with much simpler electronic components. It wouldn't be that difficult to install just one of the Vicor V1-P111-EW inside to give you some usable power outlets.

On the GMVs, Letterkenny Army Depot installed a Square D LBA363106 3 pole power distribution box in the battery box side compartment, with a cables run to the battery/ground to allow 1 bank for 12VDC, 1 for 24VDC and the 3rd for negative ground. The InfiniD Inverter wires directly to the 24VDC bank or through a push button circuit breaker just below the fiberglass battery box cover. This Square D terminal block allows for electrical accessories to be hard wired to the truck instead of through the InfiniD, example being the Thomas 24VDC TA-4101 270047 1/3hp Air Compressor mounted under the engine hood.

In the side compartment is also a Buss 3475 renewable link fuse block with 200amp fuse for the Dimensions Pure Sine 24VDC (or 12VDC) to 110VAC transformer.

If you need more detail than this in the event you want to try to replicate the box contact me directly.

Attachments

Reactions: OBX

Crapgame

I'm needing the top rack extension for the GMV. It was mentioned here people reproduce it. Does anyone know if there are any still available? I've just started work on my GMV radio rack and its the biggest piece i'm missing..

Regards
At least you have an original GMV radio sub shelf and kick guard.

huntler

The M1290 InfiniD Power Distribution Box/Inverter, I did the initial research on it quoted above. Inside the 9" x 11" x 3.25" aluminum box are two of these Vicor V1-P111-EV 24VDC to 12VDC 400 watt inverters inside: VICOR VI-P111-EVV DC-DC POWER CONVERTER 24 VOLT INPUT 400 WATT CHASSIS MOUNT | eBay

The electronic components are accessible through a flat aluminum panel on the left hand side (facing the Driver) by removing 8 each #8 pan head Phillips screws. Each of the 4 sides overlaps the access panel side by about 0.75" for the screws to tap into. Main box is 0.125" thick, the access panel 0.064" 14 gauge sheet.

The box is wired so if one of these inverters goes Mammaries Vertical, you can flip a toggle switch on top to transfer everything plugged into the box to operate off of the remaining...2 is 1, 1 is none. Each of the 2 toggle switches on top has a rounded protective guard.

The InfiniD backside has 4 each 4 pin 12VDC female plugs and 4 each 2 pin 24VDC female plugs on the back. Each with a 10amp push button reset circuit breaker.

There is a later version of the InfiniD in black paint with an Amphenol connector on the wiring pigtail, that is used in the M1165-series GMVs.

One of the (GMV Builder Group on fascistbook) was making replicas of the aluminum box with much simpler electronic components. It wouldn't be that difficult to install just one of the Vicor V1-P111-EW inside to give you some usable power outlets.

On the GMVs, Letterkenny Army Depot installed a Square D LBA363106 3 pole power distribution box in the battery box side compartment, with a cables run to the battery/ground to allow 1 bank for 12VDC, 1 for 24VDC and the 3rd for negative ground. The InfiniD Inverter wires directly to the 24VDC bank or through a push button circuit breaker just below the fiberglass battery box cover. This Square D terminal block allows for electrical accessories to be hard wired to the truck instead of through the InfiniD, example being the Thomas 24VDC TA-4101 270047 1/3hp Air Compressor mounted under the engine hood.

In the side compartment is also a Buss 3475 renewable link fuse block with 200amp fuse for the Dimensions Pure Sine 24VDC (or 12VDC) to 110VAC transformer.

If you need more detail than this in the event you want to try to replicate the box contact me directly.
This is amazing detail! I have the tan infi-d inverter, but had no idea where the buss bar went or how any of it was laid out. This info is a huge help!

Crapgame

Do you have the GMV Bible yet? Special Forces Vehicle-Mounted Operations Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures ATP 3-18.14 (FM 3-05.214 September 2014 edition) Chapter 3 goes into details for the various accessories that makes a GMV, a GMV. September 2014 edition is available on Amazon of all places.

There is a newer (July 2022) edition that includes the Flyer 72 GMV 1.1 platform and goes further into vehicle recovery and other subjects.

We had the dashboard instruction plates for the Air Compressor and the I-R Light switches recreated and the toggle switches and guard identified.
I-R LIGHT AND AIR COMP TAG SAMPLES1.jpg

The Buss 3476 has a clear plexi cover that is sometimes missing. I was able to refurbish a used 3476 by gently cleaning and spraying clear matte polyurethane on the micarta material block and replaced the plastic acorn nut and brass nuts and washers.
BUSS 3576 REFURB.jpg

huntler

Do you have the GMV Bible yet? Special Forces Vehicle-Mounted Operations Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures ATP 3-18.14 (FM 3-05.214 September 2014 edition) Chapter 3 goes into details for the various accessories that makes a GMV, a GMV. September 2014 edition is available on Amazon of all places.

There is a newer (July 2022) edition that includes the Flyer 72 GMV 1.1 platform and goes further into vehicle recovery and other subjects.

We had the dashboard instruction plates for the Air Compressor and the I-R Light switches recreated and the toggle switches and guard identified.
View attachment 904117

The Buss 3476 has a clear plexi cover that is sometimes missing. I was able to refurbish a used 3476 by gently cleaning and spraying clear matte polyurethane on the micarta material block and replaced the plastic acorn nut and brass nuts and washers.
View attachment 904116
i don’t have any tm’s specific to the GMV. My Google goo must be terrible and trying to search just GMV on SS is not easy. Luckily I found this thread.

I have that buss bar new also. I bought a partial kit with the cables, the infini-D, bus bars and the lower gray and kick bar. It was missing a few things but it was a great kickstart to sorting out the radio rack.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks