• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

radio set up for a m1009?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
I have a RT524 AN/VRC46 which is Cold War to Desert Storm period correct. It is in southeastern PA but I can probably get someone to pull it out for you. I have the R442 mount for the AN/VRC47 but not the R442 itself.

Wile E. Coyote

Mostly they had VRC-12 series radios and *sometimes* an additional HF radio. Some were also rigged VRC-97/ MSE evidently, but...I've never seen one. Installation kits were produced for the installation of the RT-1439 Gen I SINCGARS radios, but again - never saw one in person.

Most people install the RT-524 transceiver in a single radio installation. Mike Murphy has the sets used-repairable at either $295 or $395 depending on which section of the website you go to (smiling here, Mike), and he's great to deal with. Likewise, do an internet search for "PVT JARHEAD" as he also has the radios for very, very good prices and your choice of the old-school 24087 finish or the newer 34094 CARC green.

Those are the best guys to deal with. I used to recommend Fair Radio Sales in Lima, OH - but they've pretty much priced themselves out of the market for an awful lot of stuff - mostly because with the lack of surplus radio gear being released -- they have to generate their yearly income through fewer and fewer sales. Lousy place to be as a vendor, but...still...the market dictates the price.