• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio setup for the 1010 1008 1028

M1028A1ShelterCarrier

Does anyone have any parts # or knowledge/pictures of a radio setup that mounts above the glovebox or above the 4x4 shifter for the pickup. I want to install a radio but Im hung up on where to find the mount to place it in the cab. I have seen some M1009's with a radio in the front. I think the easiest way to install a radio is to find that bent tray that goes above the shifter. Need some pics please

Attachments

dilvoy

The radio mount that fits over the transfer case shifter positions the radio so it is above the shifter and tipped up, so you can see the face of the radio. The shifter that is used is modified from the normal type. It is bent differently so it dosen't go forward, but to the rear. I don't think that you will be able to use it with a bench seat though.

mangus580

Most (if not all) of the 1009's came with the dash braket for the radio. It goes center on the dash, right where the AC vent would be. The black part of the trim, is cut short about 6-8" to accomadate the braket mounting. I thought I had a pic somewhere of my bracket mounted, but I dont see it. I had a spare one, but I gave it to someone. Below is a pic of the bracket that came with my heater kit (same one).

Attachments

Dieselsmoke

That bracket is actually for accessories, not the radio itself. I've got a pic somewhere online, trying to find it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks