• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio setup ?

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found a NSN price list, It covers alot of stuff and maybe should be moved by the Grand Poobah to a proper location, but it shows prices Uncle pays for antenna parts, a good giudance when we buy or sell our surplus.

Attachments

Boatcarpenter

In reading my various TM's on radios, installs, etc., there many references to plugging into the vehicles power plug. Can't find a reference to the cable or at least what kind of cable end is supposed to secure to the power plug bracket behind the passenger seat in a Deuce. Any one have one that you could snap a pic of or any other helpful info.
Thanks,
BC

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the plugs are an add-on for deuces. If it's not in the VRC-12 radio installation manual I don't know. Behind the pass seat is a bracket/hole for a power connector, but I never seen what goes in it.

ONTOS66

Boatcarpenter
I uploaded TM's for two versions:
TM 11-5915-223-12, for the MX-7777A/GRC (which is called the MX-7778/GRC when installed with the mount, cables, etc.). It does not have a battle override switch, and the two output connections are on the same side.
TM 11-5915-224-14, for the MX-7778A/GRC (which is called the MX-7777B/GRC when installed wtih the cables, etc.). It has the battle override switch and there is one output connection on each side.
I also uploaded TM for installing the VRC-12 series in all vehicles (specifics of various installation kits are included in the kits)
TM 11-5820-401-20-1, org. manintenance (and installation)
for additional ideas:
TB 11-52820-890-20-8 covers installation of SINCGARS radios in M35, etc. some of the cable techniques should be similar.
Hope this helps.l
The TM's should answer most of your questions.

ONTOS66

And I left out the VRC-12 "power cable" nomenclature, which is listed in the -20: CX-4720 - one end connects to the battery (or 24 volt power bracket) and the other to the radio mount.

Boatcarpenter

ONTOS66, I just noticed your posts because my orange "new post" thangs are not working again! I have paper versions of some of the install and operating TM's, but nothing for the MX-7777's in their various configurations. Very helpfull for me and I imagine for a few other radio newbie's.Thank you very much!
BC

Boatcarpenter

Posted a want ad for an AM-1780/VRC. I'm not a very adept Ebay searcher yet so there are probably 10 out there but I just haven't found one. Any help locating one would be much appreciated!
Thanks, :D
BC

Boatcarpenter

Radio setup

OPCOM, he did not have an AM-1780/VRC but I did get a few other items from him.
I also have found the "power plug" that goes in the power plug holder behind the pass. seat in the Deuce. Not sure if I can incorporate it into my installation or not until I get all the other parts I need.
BC

Attachments

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Radio setup

Cool! on the plug. It's more convenient than hardwire and better than resorting to heathen plugs.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

For the amplifier, check with Eric:

Reply-To : mvintercom@yahoogroups.com
Sent : Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:35 AM
To : mvintercom@yahoogroups.com
Subject : [mvintercom] AM 1780 For sale

Hey guys, I wanted to let you know I have an AM1780 box and would like
to sell it. I wanted to offer it here first. I dont want to put it
on ebay because they take too much of a cut from my money. I have
sold on here before with no problems so if anyone is interested in 60
dollars for the box plus shipping let me know! Thanks!Eric

About the "Bendix" plugs, they all have little numbers and letters that make it possible to find matching male/female plugs. Look carefully and find them in a catalog in various configurations.

Boatcarpenter

Thanks for the heads up Bjorn. I had seen that but I didn't jump because I am working on a package deal for one of them, an MX-7777, some short interconnect cables, some headsets and a crew chief control box. As for the "bendix connectors" and using them as a power plug, I'll have to wait to see what all I end up with. Thought it might be convenient but in reality is probably not necessary.
BC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks