• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Radio Unit, anyone know what it is?

I met an elderly gentleman today through a mutual friend. MV's came up and he said he had a "radio room unit" that was in a deuce years ago. He said " if you want it, you can have it".

I immediately said I was interested. He told me to drive over to his cabin and take a look at it before he hauls it to the dump.

Its in much worse shape than I had hoped. Does it even look familiar to anybody? Not sure what I was looking at.

image2.jpgimage1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please do not use the word "help" in your titles unless your life is in danger or you are broke down on the side of the road. We try to help everyone. No need to ask. ;-)

As far as your pictures I have no idea. Looks home made.

That's what I was thinking, but the old man swears it was a military build. The only thing military looking to me is the green paint along the metal bottom. Couldn't find any data plates. Just wondering if anyone had ever seen something similar.
point taken on the help issue. "Assistance needed" next time.[thumbzup]

Last edited:

Another Ahab

Its in much worse shape than I had hoped. Does it even look familiar to anybody? Not sure what I was looking at.

View attachment 530445
That's what I was thinking, but the old man swear it was military build. The only thing military looking to me is the green paint along the metal bottom. Just wondering if anyone had ever seen something similar.
I think I "thaw" one of these before. Only it was red. It was early Springtime. Somewhere up in Michigan...

thaw.jpg

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Units often constructed "build ups" on cargo trucks or trailers for various reasons. Usually they were built using scavenged materials since unit funds were not authorized for this purpose. One popular use was to store high value and sensitive items (night vision gear, gas masks, etc.) or to protect the field mess hall supplies from "midnight requisitions".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks