Railroad Forum

Should we have a Railroad Forum?

• Sure, I don't see why not, we have tanks and few own them.

Votes: 17 73.9%
  • Nope, trains is dumb!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ferro is nuts

Votes: 6 26.1%

• Total voters

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Be on the lookout
The Golden Gate Railroad Museum Sold our GE 65 ton center cab # 3, it is leaving today for Wyoming.IMG_20190729_141247.jpg

WILDBOY6X6

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Today I got to meet Steve Lee former head of the Union Pacific steam program, he is the new owner of the GE 65 ton center cab from the Golden Gate Railroad MuseumIMG_20190730_105154.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I yoinked this pic from a Facebook post on a page dedicated to pics of noteworthy MV's....IMG_1357.JPG.... Sadly, they shared no date/location/unit information. It is a great moment in time captured for us though.

And, I'll throw this one in just to keep a little laughter going among the troops here....

IMG_1384.jpg

Carry on.

Flyingvan911

PSR was developed by Hunter Harrison who at the time worked for Illinois Central. It is a method of cutting a railroads expenses to the bone in short order. Investors got wind of the profits to be made and jumped on board. I got laid off from UP in February. The UP is very successful but investors wanted PSR to make more money for themselves.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks