• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ramsey PTO winch on M38 jeep

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have heard that there were a choice few M38 jeeps (not A1s) that had Ramsey-made PTO winches installed at the factory, along with a dual-output T-case to go along with it. Anyone have pics or information about this item?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whatch need to know? The winch is a Ramsey 50 and there have been posts about it here. The exact same winch set up was used on the M38A1. The winch setup is worth more than the jeep in most cases.

BillF

I have the ramsey 50 winch on my m38. They are very rare to find, I got mine by dump luck by searching craigslist and just clicking on all jeep with a pto winch. My model 50 was on a cj5, who knows how it got there. Some people are cutting down other ramsey pto winches to fit the ramsey winch frame to give the look of the correct winch without the price.

Attachments

Bill D

I have the ramsey 50 winch on my m38. They are very rare to find, I got mine by dump luck by searching craigslist and just clicking on all jeep with a pto winch. My model 50 was on a cj5, who knows how it got there. Some people are cutting down other ramsey pto winches to fit the ramsey winch frame to give the look of the correct winch without the price.
I recently bought an M-38 that had the Ramsey 50 installed. It appears to be a clean, correct instal. I haven’t used it yet so can’t comment on how it works but it looks good. Just proves they are still out there. You just need some dumb luck to stumble upon one.

Maverick1701

If you want a PTO winch, it's much much cheaper to find a koenig (which is I what I did) vs the ramsey 50...those ramsey 50s are worth some SERIOUS $$$

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks