• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ran out fuel today!!

joshs1ofakindxj

I was always told running a diesel engine out of fuel is a very bad thing. Something about hard to re-prime. is this not true with our MVs?

6x6TRex

So, Rolling18, how easy was it to start after putting in the unfiltered wmo?
We ran a mix of unfiltered WMO/Gas/Diesel in our Deuce for over 1000 miles and had no problems. We ran it all last winter in MI and noticed just a little more smoke right at start up, but we had also turned the pump up some.

We had the oil into a 55 gal drum and let it sit for a few days to let the big particles sink to the bottom. We pumped from the top of the drum into the Deuce tank and would add 5-10 gal of gas or diesel to thin the oil.

reloader64

Josh,
The deuce, having an electric fuel pump in the tank, is very easy to restart after running out of fuel. I assume (and you know how that goes) that it was designed that way. I put 5 gallons of fuel in mine, flipped the switch, and cranked it. It coughed and sputtered once, then started on the second try.

Scott

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks