• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Random items found in HMMWV

So when cleaning my 2 door M998 for the first time, I found 3 spent 25mm cases wedged between the rear curtain and hard divider, and 5 7.62 cases buried in the body nooks and crannies. Of course they were all muddy as ****.

What interesting things has anyone else found?

A couple weeks ago I brought it to my crossfit gym and a couple of vets started telling me about how they hated crawling under a hmmwv and clipping away barb/razor wire that is wrapped around the axles.

That's one thing I hope to never have to do.

Mjvaden

I found about 20 .50 cal cases and belt links for the same in the last truck and .223, links, and a m249 saw magazine box in the truck before that. also found some kind of Operation Iraq freedom coins wedged in the mats.

Last edited:

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
one of the LMTVs I recovered had a ton of spent 7.62 blanks in the back, more AK style than M240B style.

2w091

When I did my clean out I found several 7.62 and .50cal casings along with links. There was also a dispatch form from probably the last time it was used according to the mileage notation. That gave me the unit it was assigned to, which after some back tracking led me to the unit maintenance facility. I was able to get some maintenance records and the guy I talked to gave me a short brief on the truck. I sent them some pics once we got it done, along with what we were using it for, they thought it was pretty cool.

Last edited:

papakb

Years ago I bought a couple of M37s out of Tooele Army Depot and found 2 fully loaded 5.56 mags under the drivers seat!

ari

first Humvee I found 1 green sock, soda cans, 3 wasp nests, 1 bird nest, ants and several 5.56 cases. In the other one I found 1 live 5.56, 73 cents and a sharpie.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Hard drive is restricted (presuming it's loaded with data - but still might be controlled even if not). Other parts have been released, but if you PM me the info I'll double check the codes and see if it's allowed "out".

cq141

my hmmwv was a reserve national guard veichle so it had the typical stuff mre matches/ tm-10 and pmcs log booksx3 and cases /night vision battery very sure its dead/ grid compass/ singal panel even had an old sticker to what unit it was sent to
wooden box in the back were the range control guys had computer equipment a bunch of 550 cord pieces some type of mounting bracket not sure were it goes/ 2 fire Exinguisher holder loose in wood box
that was about it

justinramani

By the way - I wouldn't contact DHS - I would contact the nearest CID office to where you live. They are the ones that are going to come knocking if they find out that you have that.

AndyC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found 2 MREs in the glove box of my 5ton. A first aid kit written in French in a Deuce. Truck was a return from Morocco.
Found 3 metal things in the fuel tank of another Deuce. Have not been able to id them.
Found a paratrooper pin in a HMMWV.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found what I think is a Blue Force Tracker unit, (haven't Googled the nsn yet) under my rear seats wrapped in paper and tape.
Tan box or green box? The tan box is the antenna, the green box is the CPU. They antennas aren't even tracked by serial number. Neither are controlled cryptographic items (CCI). As bikeman stated the hard drive (small flat black box) is the only sensitive item if it's loaded with data. Even then chances are it's not secret, the BFT network was unclassified until relatively recently. All older components are available on the open market, albeit somewhat rare. I believe most components are demil items, but only one is sensitive. The hard drive and the KGV-72 (small green box with a cluster of connectors) component of the newer FBCB2 JCR are really the only components to stress about. The KGV-72 is CCI; you should not have one.

20160107_150251.jpg

Not too interesting, but I was pleased to find all of this under the rear seats. Jack with handles, tools, bags, 3 lug wrenches, spout to something, triangles, 2 first aid kits, some others odds and ends, and a 9mm round.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks