• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Random Prices Of Having a Deuce Shiped

SPC_romaine

IM Looking at some auctions going in GA Ive Contacted the shipping that GL list's but I havent got anything back on how much it would cost. Anybody here able to hual the Duce, For a price. Just trying to get a good deal. Thanks guys

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4.00 plus per mile , increase in fuel will cause increase in shipping . A quote this week most likely won't be good next week.

Last edited:

whyme

there is actually a forum for this i think its "transportation needs" on the main page. anyway its going to be difficult to get a good idea around here until you have dates and times. also i have read alot about using U-ship to transport these but again you need to post the shipping requirements plus times to get quotes.

some members will have the trucks towed off GL lots to local storage facilities to accomidate better shipping windows since gl is very strict on load out dates and times. i had mine towed by a local (in pa) to another members place and paid about 300 to have it taken almost 100 miles. storage quotes ive gotten form self storage places for the truck where about 50 a month. if your not in a rush doing this would likely help you save quite a bit on shipping, alows you to find a member or rig owner with the proper equiptment who hapens to be traveling through empty to pick up your load. usally they will give you a good deal since its better than them burning fuel and not getting paid.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Keep in mind that if it will not run and you are going to have it picked up you will have to have some way to get it on the trailer. A big rig most likely will not have a winch on the trailer. Unless the driver can book something else to haul with your truck you are going to foot the bill for the whole trailer. GL may or may not push it up on the trailer or have a loading dock.

I would look for a "Hot Shot" truck (big dually pickup with a gooseneck trailer) that is looking for a back haul. They usually will haul for less than a full size rig and can get into tighter places for loading and unloading.

My first deuce came out of Fort Jackson, SC and a Hot Shot rig picked it up on base and delivered it to my place for less than a grand. The driver coodinated with the GL rep and he slaved it off and (the driver) drove it up on the trailer.

Remember this......buying a deuce is the easy part.....there are a lot of hidden costs associated with owning one....unless you have a cash reserve set aside you can run into financial issues quickly.

Sometimes it is better to pay a premium for one close to you so you can drive and inspect it before you put your money down. Finding that hole in the block after you get it shipped to you is a real buzz kill.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth.

SteamnSteel

"Sometimes it is better to pay a premium for one close to you so you can drive and inspect it before you put your money down. Finding that hole in the block after you get it shipped to you is a real buzz kill.

Just my thoughts for what they are worth"

Wreckerman, this is more than likely what I will end up doing as I cautiously move forward into going green for the planet:-D.
Extra pair of eyes might be nice in the near future.

"IM Looking at some auctions going in GA Ive Contacted the shipping that GL list's but I havent got anything back on how much it would cost. Anybody here able to hual the Duce, For a price. Just trying to get a good deal. Thanks guys "

Come on romaine, yer eyeballing my truck:roll:.

Gerryat60

I found a rental place close to home to haul one in February. Had to go about 240 miles round trip. The company had a semi with a trailer that would haul up to 50 tons, fold down tail, and winch to pull it on with. They charged me by the hour($85.00) to haul it, was at GL only bout 45 minutes. So the hour charged worked out well for me. Might be something to check into.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks