• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare Deuces ?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Got any pics of the rear of the M60? I woould LOVE to visit that lot. As always, too far from me.

Oh yeah, the M60 is the hen's tooth(rare).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The M60, by far, is the rarest of the 2 1/2 ton cranes. Please return and photograph the M60 in detail. Now, how much for a 40' container? Dang, dang, dang!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in Greece are they located? In all my stops there, i've never seen those. We need some M60 pictures!!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the one in HI. Charles Talbert restored it with a 5.9 Cummins. The other is an M246.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone ever determined the actual production numbers for the wrecker/crane trucks?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's the one in HI. Charles Talbert restored it with a 5.9 Cummins. The other is an M246.
I think John Bizal used to have one. Those are the only 2 I've heard of. The one M-series did came out really good. There were before pics on his web site.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I think John Bizal used to have one. Those are the only 2 I've heard of. The one M-series did came out really good. There were before pics on his web site.
There was a large write up on the Talbert build in MVmag. quite a while ago, maybe as long as 10 years

I have never heard of a M60 powered by anything but a gasser, was there a a1/a2

Last edited:

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Looks like a road/swim trip. Who has the DUWKs and LARCs?

I guess we could always sail that LST back over and get them and bring'em back.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Gresat idea CARNAC. Maybe we can talk Garry (LSTMATE) into borrowing the LST and crew and head to Greece.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am sure that if we can get the LST, we have enough NAVY as members to crew her, and non navy as deck hands and as ship security