• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rattle on steady state driving

Ronmar

Not with any precise quantitative method. All hubs warm and consistent with eachother to touch
Well as mentioned, they make noise, and being a less than 100% efficient gearbox, they make heat.

Basic Sesame Street troubleshooting dictates that they should all make the same amount of noise and heat. hand felt temp or a basic IR heat gun is all you need…

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you said you checked the phasing but were you real careful and looked really closely mine was only two splines off. I thought it was my hubs too same thing as yours the same noise I ran all six of mine set the lash according to Steve's 6x6x6 way of doing it. Took her for a ride no change. Then someone on the board said check the phasing and I did and mine was off only two splines. Seems like a couple people said theirs was out of phase. I think somebody's towing these things and they're taking the driveline off the differential but pulling the slip joint apart and leaving the other half on the transmission. Then when they go to hook the drive shaft back up they're not getting the phasing correct.

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know you said you checked the phasing but were you real careful and looked really closely mine was only two splines off. I thought it was my hubs too same thing as yours the same noise I ran all six of mine set the lash according to Steve's 6x6x6 way of doing it. Took her for a ride no change. Then someone on the board said check the phasing and I did and mine was off only two splines. Seems like a couple people said theirs was out of phase I think somebody's towing these things and they're taking the driveline off the differential but pulling the slip joint apart and leaving the other half in the transmission. Then when they go to hook the drive shaft back up they're not getting the phasing correct.
I honestly don’t think they teach anything about driveshaft phasing in 91B school, there is no other explanation for SO MANY trucks coming out of DRMO with the driveshafts installed wrong. It takes 5 extra seconds to insert the spline properly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks