• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rattling fan clutch

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All-
I've noticed when my fan kicks on (usually when I'm sitting at idle in traffic in Louisiana summer heat), my fan clutch is rattling. It's not a bad rattle and of course stops when the truck is moving again and I have air flowing over the radiator...

I've checked the tms (-10 and -20) and have not found a procedure to tighten it up. I've also searched the site and only found one (!) thread mentioning a fan clutch, and it turns out that wasn't the issue....

Can anyone please explain to me how to go about tightening it up?

TIA

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine did the same thing. I think it's normal.
It really didn't bother me until I was at a parade and the Amvets were checking it out and an Army vet who was motor T for 25 years pointed it out to me, and now every time it kicks on it bugs me.

Plus I hate the idea of a small fix now becoming a large fix later if the clutch or fan fails, which causes the engine to overheat, causing bigger preventable issues.