• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rausch Creek

hummerjohn

Not an event just wondering if anyone was going to Rauschs Creek this Saturday or next. Have never been able to make it and might just go check it out with my M932a2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Turbo. How have you been? Is Rauch's Creek in N.J.?
Keeping busy. Working on these military trucks is MUCH more difficult than Mustangs LOL Between not having time to drag all the tools out, the weather and the weight of parts, these things way a ton.

Raush Creek Offroad Park is in PA, (453 Molleystown Road Tremont, PA 17981). I've never been, but I've heard what used to be called "Tower City" is now also Raush Creek with a different campground address (183 Bear Valley Road, Valley View, PA 17983).

Badojeep

I was at the last RC event, but I was driving my CJ-7 with the pirate head on the hood, I was with my jeep club. I was parked next to your 5 tons, gave one of you guys some surger in the morning to go with your coffee, hope that kept you in good graces with the wife. Trying to decide on bringing the M151A2 or the H1 to the next event with SS. RC is a blast been going there from day one. hope to see you there. Tom

Dipstick

Turbo,
Sounds good. I let my 21 year old son Dan drive my truck for the first time today. He was a natural. He smiled the whole time. It was kind of fun for me to see his 6'5" bod all scrunched in there. I fixed my turn signals this morning. There was water in the flasher connector grounding it out. I relocated it from the inner fender to the firewall which is drier. We hit 45 mph on Rt.22 today. Brutus drove really nice. Upping the air pressure in the steer tires from 50 to 75 made a world of difference as far as steering. At one point my son noticed a woman laughing hysterically in a car as I wound him out in low and got about five feet before grabbing second gear. The parts are heavy for sure, but rusty bolts seems to be a regular problem for me and my truck isn't too rusty. My son Dan has been to Rauch's creek. We may be heading there this Spring. Hope you are well.

Sounds like a fun time.
I removed the spair tire holder/davit or whatever its called today, kinda heavy lol
It went well. Next will be mounting mudflad hangers and flaps then hopefully a bed of sorts.

All is well here, hope the same for you guys.

Dipstick

Sounds like a fun time.
I removed the spair tire holder/davit or whatever its called today, kinda heavy lol
It went well. Next will be mounting mudflad hangers and flaps then hopefully a bed of sorts.

All is well here, hope the same for you guys.
Davit. Love it. I used to hang in my ships motor whale boat, gigs, and barges from a davit over the ocean. As an Engineman, I had to fire up the diesel just before the boat was dropped the last three feet into the water.

I have two extra, brand new shorty mudflaps for my Deuce. Bought two too many. They're the short ones that bolt onto the steel mud guards. They're yours if you want them. No cost to you. We just have to meet so you can pick em' up if you want them.