• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

RDZ WWII Navy Receiver obtained - -need some help

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I found this in a surplus house in Omaha.

The RDZ receiver is alive.
The autotune is very nice to watch.
The RF tuning (VFO) is apparently confused, but the IF is very much alive.

Receiver, shipboard, 225-400 MHz, 15.5 MHz IF, manual tuning or 10-channel autotune, Collins and National, usually paired with TDZ, 1944, 115 VAC 60 Hz, 150 lb.; RDZ-A, 91229. Began as XCS.

It is also called the CNA-46275 unit of RDZ.
I have to get the manual.. The mil list schematic is very bad.

Someone, anyone? please help me to find the front cover (square 'box casting' on the left-hand side - note the knob panel is not part of this casting), and to find the manual? For some reason I really regret letting the last RDZ (an RDZ-1) get away, and even though this one is in worse cosmetic shape, I want very much to try and get it running. It's a good AM set too, for WWII stuff. I even have a spare dataplate.

The other similar model is an RDZ-1, which eliminates the wide/narrow IF selection. The IF bandwidth on the RDZ is set by a pair of levers that extend from IF cans. This is a real beauty. I believe it is a National as indicated by the logos on the IF cans. I can't let a National set go to waste, especially this old WWII vet.

Attachments

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey OPCOM! popacom / BILL here. I am gonna give you a guys name and number who May
be able to help you. His name is Tony Snyder, he lives in Virginia Beach,VA. his phone number is
757-6171428, just tell him I sent you to him and if he has it ,he will help you out here. He gets a
lot of shipboard stuff and we buy some of the ground stuff he comes up with. All I ask is don't step
on our toes on other stuff OK? I know you to be an honorable person or I would not send you to him.
Hope this helps!

Thanks ! popacom / BILL [thumbzup]

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! I am not interested in going into business, just looking for a TM or two on ancient electronic items. Are the toes to be avoided also including other electronics stuff or TMs?