• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

re-assembly of the oilfilter.....

59apache

Chipmaker
Gentlemen,
i run into a problem. i trial to change my oilfilters. after disassembly i found this: i guess a gasket instead of the "spring bearing ring"
now i need to know in which direction i have to mount this "spring bearing ring"?? like in the dirction of the large picture ? Thats what i guess.
or in the other direction ( thats the way it was)
the spring fits good this way, but the oil filter is not centered.

Attachments

Last edited:

59apache

Chipmaker
further explanation:
one "spring bearing ring" is missing, i start to make one on the lathe, but now i'm in doubt with the mounting direction. i don't really trust the guy who has changed the filters and replace the ring with an old metal gasket......

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks