• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-Do M38A1 build

zout

Rapco paint has turned into a layer of chit and almost looks like the jeep was white washed in a years time - got it into the garage while we wait for the CUCV seats to get done. I am going to change to a single wire 24v system removing the regulator - remove the 24v fuel pump and its Carter/Holly pressure regulator as well. Geter sanded down with a light scuff and get the single stage paint on it that I painted the M43B1. Hopefully if I can build or buy a tow bar it will come to the rally behind the 5 ton.Photo2608.jpgPhoto2609.jpgPhoto2610.jpgPhoto2611.jpgPhoto2612.jpgPhoto2613.jpg

zout

Its all repainted and decaled - the fuel pump is changed out to original and removed the elec 24v and its going to find a home at Ron's house with the regulator. Fired it up last night after getting the 24v CAT alternator on it that is a single wire FERRO helped in supplying for a minimal fee. I have the wire schematic today to wire it all in and 2 new 24 v batteries to replaced them dead ones with.

John up at Midwest Military - one of my best supplying vendors got her seat upholstery to her and the foam set came today - now to find a trailer I can tow it to the Ga Rally with behind Jokers Wild. My poor M43B1 is missing me but it has an awesome home and getting displayed at CAMO for now. I know its in good hands with them troopers.

See what I can do to get the new covers and foam put together and installed - single wire alt wired in and let Deb take it for a spin - in her Make Over Jeepie.

zout

Got Debs fuel pump changed out - Left Front wheel bearings changed out - emergency brake drum repaired - new single wire CAT 34 v alternator in and replacement batteries ordered - took her for a spin and offered up a photo op so she could fee proud once again to join the MV world. Really need to find a tow bar so I can bring it to the GA RALLY with a tow light set up - working on this with Ron at the time. Got the M909 back into position at the shop to PM it - wire in the fog lights for the gun ring - get the RF tire changed out once it finally shows up if they do not sell the tire out from under me again this week. Then make some trial camping run through's in prep for the Rally/ still lots to get done.Photo2835.jpgPhoto2837.jpgPhoto2838.jpgPhoto2839.jpgPhoto2840.jpgPhoto2841.jpgPhoto2842.jpgPhoto2843.jpgPhoto2844.jpgPhoto2845.jpg

zout

Forget the pic of the gal on the calendar - my sister made a national calendar photo op - its cool so I just have it hanging

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seats look great Commander and Deb will have the best looking ride at the Rally. I am glad you left her tires all black!!! rofl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks