• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-dye Seat Covers

beckel

Just wondering is anyone has successfully re-dyed the seat covers on a HMMWV. I have 4 high backs that are in perfect shape..no rips or tears but they are sun bleached. I am considering pulling the covers off and using fabric dye to get them back closer to their original olive drab. Anyone tried this?

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
be very gentle with the round clips that hold the cover to the frame. They rust and rather thin to begin with. They are an old British design like off Austin and Mg's. Got a huge run around when I tried to source OE.

86humv was able to graciously help with some.

beckel

Thanks guys...any idea what the seat material is (Cotton, Polyester, etc)? It looks like I need to know if they are synthetic fibers in order to choose the correct dye.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M998 has the high back seats but the colors all differed from one another so I tried Rustoleum Fabric paint spray in black because they did not have a good green. Was very happy with the results and it the paint is wearing well. FYI: it takes just over one can per seat to give a good solid color over the entire seat. A very inexpressive way to dress up the seats. I just pulled the seats from the truck and went to town.

Mark

20170530_194906.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks