• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-introduction of Angry Iron

Angry Iron

Hello my fellow butchers. I remember coming to this forum a few years back and discussing such things as Bobbing and Crewcabs and all of the purist pretty mutch blasting me. Well I stuck to Hummers and you guys stepped on up and have been kicking tail! Those are some sweeeeeet rigs, not only that you have even rooted out a hole here for us to hide in. I hope I am welcome.

I just wanted to express my admiration to you guys and let yall know... you have some friendly competition coming to see if I can build one cooler.

Shawn, I like my Rank of Prvate Dog Face :beer:
Angry Iron Customs

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Everyone is welcome here if they have the dreaded Green Iron Fever......that being said....

Hummers are cute little trucks......what do you do with them?

I drove them in the Army.....wasn't impressed then, not impressed now.

What else you got?

Angry Iron

I'll Take your cute little truck and up you a Berserker
Project Berserker

We will be building a Deuce of sorts The details (where the devil is) have yet to be finalized so this could drag on. Bobbed.. Check, CrewCab.. Check.....? It only gets scarier from there.

Unforgiven

Everyone is welcome here if they have the dreaded Green Iron Fever......that being said....

Hummers are cute little trucks......what do you do with them?

I drove them in the Army.....wasn't impressed then, not impressed now.

What else you got?
I bet you're the fun one after the third egg nog at the Christmas party. :mrgreen:

Angry Iron

Jay, Symantech antivirous doesn't see any issues maybe an issue with the Google ads? I doubt that though. I am Virous and Spyware free hmmm, thanks for the heads up.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bet you're the fun one after the third egg nog at the Christmas party. :mrgreen:
It starts waaaay before the third one.

Ask anyone that caught my campfire act at the GA Rally.

I'm not really a HUMMER hater....I just think that the few real military ones that got out the door are way over priced for what they are and what they can do.

The civilian ones are not much better.

I was actually in the Army when the HUMMER replaced the M151.

Most old soldiers will tell you the same thing.

While the M151 would not carry the same weight as the HUMMER it would run circles around it out in the woods....I have seen many HUMMERS stuck between trees or bogged down where an M151 would blow right through.

The Jeep was nimble, easy to maintain, simple in design and could carry 5 soldiers and all their gear. It also got great fuel mileage at highway speeds.

They killed a lot of soldiers that did not respect the independent suspension that caused rollovers when driven too fast for conditions.

I have a friend in Gadsden who has a HUMMER and several M151's......he will tell you the same.

The HUMMER violated the KISS principle on many levels.

It is just personal preference on my part. Everyone is entitled to their own.

If there is a market for your product I wish you all the success in the world.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well the purists always complain. They complain in every hobby where old stuff is involved.

Guardians of what is authentic and/or regulation. That is their function and it is certainly as important as fantastic customized machinery. Kind of like yin & yang if such things are to be believed.

pictures!!

tm america

wreckerman dont be a hater some of us like hummers .i think they make great wheel chocks for a deuce.......just kidding i dont want the hummer crew waiting for me outside my house...I am waiting for someone to bring a hummer to haspin to see how they compare off road.. they have some nice capiblities i just want to see it in compared to a 6x6.Nice mods but i'm not sure how good all the electronics will hold up to fording deep enough to need the snorkel kit?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Perhaps it depended on location/unit but I thought the CUCV's replaced the M151's and the HMMWV's replaced the CUCV's? At least that's what I recall anyways.....
There was an overlap of CUCV's and HUMMERs.

I was a Signal Battalion Commander's driver in Korea in 1990....we had a Command HUMMER (hard shell with turret) and a CUCV.

When I got to Fort McClellan, AL in 1991 the MP School still had M151's on their Property Books. They were used for training and had the ROP's canopies installed on them.

I was working at the Public Affairs Office and wrote an article for the post fish wrapper when the first HUMMERs were delivered to the school.

They also still had a couple of Gamma Goats out on the training range that were listed as operational vehicles.

Units that got the HUMMMER got them based on mission requirements and budget for vehicle replacement.

Rapid Deployment units usually had priority for new equipment.

Admin ("in the rear with the gear") units were the last to get the good stuff.

ABN173

Yes Ditto welcome back Angry Iron! (Sorry for the thread hyjack btw)

There was an overlap of CUCV's and HUMMERs.

I was a Signal Battalion Commander's driver in Korea in 1990....we had a Command HUMMER (hard shell with turret) and a CUCV.

When I got to Fort McClellan, AL in 1991 the MP School still had M151's on their Property Books. They were used for training and had the ROP's canopies installed on them.

I was working at the Public Affairs Office and wrote an article for the post fish wrapper when the first HUMMERs were delivered to the school.

They also still had a couple of Gamma Goats out on the training range that were listed as operational vehicles.

Units that got the HUMMMER got them based on mission requirements and budget for vehicle replacement.

Rapid Deployment units usually had priority for new equipment.

Admin ("in the rear with the gear") units were the last to get the good stuff.
Thanks WM, I first came in back in March 88 (USAR), I was assigned to 926th ENG in Bham I never saw any M151's or Gamma Goats there. In January 1990 I went active duty and was assigned to FT Stewart, GA and I never saw any of the old stuff there either. We had CUCV's then HMMWV's.

I like the HMMWV's ok in fact I want one............just not at 20, 30, or even 40 K they seem to go for.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
We had that same problem in 1971....but we were trying to figure out which came first....the chicken or the egg:roll:

Angry Iron....when I first got interested in MVs I was a purist....still am to some extent...but I have seen some excellent examples of modifications and realize that it takes us all to make the MV hobby stay alive and prosper:grin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks