• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re-routing exhaust

reblawyer

Anybody have any thoughts on re-routing the exhaust system to the under carriage on the M-35? I don't mind the noise because I have already lost most of my high-pitch hearing anyway but I want to protect the tender ears of my passengers (9 yrs, 5 yrs and 3 yrs). Seems to me that I could easily route a pipe under the truck right behind the battery box and just run it up beside the passenger side I beam, then pass it out either in front of or behind the rear wheels.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Older trucks had the exhaust routed that way. Tacticaltruck has a non turbo with the rear exit exhaust. comes out right above and between the right side duals. You can even sneak a muffler underneath like the non turbos have.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I doubt it. Keep the exhaust the same size as it is and shouldn't be much of a problem. Since your moving the pipe to the rear you could always run without a muffler too.

Jones

Look in the TM section for TM 9-2320-361-20P pdf page 76 of 1188 or -34P pdf page 100 of 1440 (Table of Contents, Group 4) for pictures of the M44 and M44A2 multifueler's low exhaust. Shouldn't bother the turbo at all.

mangus580

Wasnt the underslung exhaust mostly for the LDS-427?

Why not get the kids a good set of ear muffs? On Kenny's suggestion, I got a set of Peltor Jr's for my 2 year old.... He wont let me drive the deuce anywhere, if he doenst have them on!

reblawyer

Howdy out there. I re-routed the exhaust over the weekend, it was a pretty simple thing. I stopped just in front of the first diff in the rear, I think I am going to have to pipe it further back as it blows exhaust all out from the underside with the terminus mid body :shock: . Letting it idle for a few minutes killed all of the misqutoes around it at ground level, and a few small animals as well. I'll send pics when I have something that does not present the fubar results I got this weekend. On the plus side, the noise inside the cab is way down :D

reblawyer

I have abandoned the under body route. I was unable to get a good route all of the way to the back of the truck. I'm going to drive the truck in parades and did not want exhaust to be pouring out onto the crowd. Going with the muffler, wish I had just done that first, oh well, live and learn.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks