• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Re: Trailer Recovery from Jacksonville

FloridaAKM

Re: Trailer Recovery from Jacksonville

I'm headed to North Jacksonville to pickup one of those air launched missile trailers with my Deuce that they are selling on GovPlanet. Should be interesting as I have never been there before & the GovPlanet folks wouldn't give me the contact info for the guy @ the site. I'll keep ya'll posted if the phone doesn't die. Wish me luck & yes I had to take a day off to go do this, but it will be better than being @ work. :driver:

FloridaAKM

The trip was not golden as the Deuce started that stuttering in the engine less than 20 miles from home on the way out & it was very cool for May, low 60's, which is rare. The sweet spot when running was @ 40 mph for the least stuttering when running, when going up the hills or heavy acceleration, it smoothed out. Flat out on level areas, 40 was the max, above that & it was back to the stuttering engine...the 295 beltway was not fun :-?.

Upon arrival to the storage yard where GovPlanet stores these trailers, the guy in charge would not accept an invoice from GovPlant, he wanted a release form in addition to the invoice. A few phone calls later from the both of us to GovPlanet & others, resulted in the release of the trailer to me to be hauled off.

After connecting up everything to the Deuce & going for the other half of the recovery trip, the engine still was doing the stuttering @ cruise over 40 mph. The trailer towed fine, brakes & lighting were functional, the hubs were slightly warm as expected, but no problems.

The truck was refueled after getting off 295 beltway south of Jacksonville to continue the trip home. SURPRISE, after 10 miles or so, the engine quit stuttering & ran as normal with good power. It ran cooler, even though the temps had climbed into the 80's (165 F). The rest of the trip home was good, did I get bad fuel @ the last stop several months ago or what. I was going to ask what was the fix for the problem for the stuttering of the engine, but now I know!

FloridaAKM

Too much wmo for the engine's liking. I put 15 gallons of heavily filtered wmo on top of 25 gallons of mixed diesel fuel back in March after the Military Truck show in central Florida. The water filter was changed & put all the correct parts in it from Floridianson so the filters were good. From now on, I'll mix oil @ the 50 to 1 ratio just for IP lube. Also, the lockout hubs were installed from the group buy here a few weeks ago.Let me see about pictures.

The real odd thing was the guy who gave the guff about the release form never asked for ID of any kind. After he let me sweat for 10 minutes while on the phone, he just copied the release form he had & gave me a duplicate. Very poor CS........& I never signed any forms for proof of it being picked up by me................
I'd bet on bad fuel or some water within. Glad you got it all worked out.

FloridaAKM

Picture of the trailer lifted from the auction:A-M32K-A4 Trailer.jpg

Notice that the trailer in the foreground has no stake bed sides on it, the rear one does. They all should come with the stake bed sides & a wooden box of ratchet straps. All the strapping is in place from the manufacturer to ship. The missing midsections are displayed to show they remove, they drop back in place & lock down. The removable metal pieces are thin metal & will not handle the weight of a car or ATV for that matter. The trailer will carry 8,000 pounds distributed equally around the deck. Uncle Sams price was $23,749.00 & there are 159 units in the sales lot originally.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks