• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

re-wiring my MEP-004a for different voltages, including single phase

rustystud

With this 10 lead generator the way R Racing has it connected is the only way you will be able to use 240 volt single phase. By using 2 of the main leads out to power your furnace you will need to use the third to power something of equal value. I know there is a way to run a "low zig zag" WYE circuit from this generator I just cannot find the diagram. You cannot run the "double Delta" though.

R Racing

Another way if that doesn't work is in front of the switch is the throttle control. Pull on the throttle it will Rev a bit and if you go about 100 to 200 rpm higher it should go into overspeed and shut off.

Wh6czu

I got it off, had to crack open the fuel line . Dead crank switch didn't work or over rev... Guess I'll have to fix this problem before moving on

R Racing

Hi Jim it's not that it would hurt it the engine. It's that the air system the way it's routed thru that unit. You would be hard pressed to find a way to get in there to block it

R Racing

And are you making any DC voltage? . Flashing the field is easy. Start the generator. Get it up to speed. Then turn the starter switch as like your starting the engine. If all is good you will see the frequency and the voltage peg then stabilize. If it drops off then you have another issue.

Triple Jim

Hi Jim it's not that it would hurt it the engine. It's that the air system the way it's routed thru that unit. You would be hard pressed to find a way to get in there to block it
Ha, OK thanks. I read it as if you said "It's hard on the equipment", rather than "It's hard to do."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks