• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Reached a Milestone with the Deuce

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I feel i have reached a milestone with the Deuce. On my way home from work yesterday. I brought my first Deuce home on my birthday (April 11th) and the odometer turned 30,868 miles. That means i put 3000 miles on the truck since April! :) It seems like i've been everywhere and done so much with it since april. Hauled mulch, took it to the syracuse nationals, swam in the back of it at the syracuse nationals, hauled my '23 Ford roadster, took it to a truck pull where i pulled 239' (should have had it in low 1st, not 2nd and i would have probably pulled more), took a couple girls on dates in it to dinner and a movie (they liked it :wink:).... I've done some work on it along the way, just little things to make it nicer, like fixing door checks, transmission output seal, changed all the fluids, painted the wheels, etc.

This being my first MV, it has been a great learning experience and it is so much fun to drive. I've built hotrods with my dad, but this is in a league of its own. There is always something more i want to work on or do to it. like all my other vehicles, it seems like its never done. It has never broke down on me but that dosnt mean i dont like tinkering with something on it even if it works. Colder weather is on its way, so i will be installing a heater sometime soon. Ill put it away for winter, but it will be sitting with tirechains on all 10 wheels... just incase we get some bad winter storm and it needs to be called back into duty!

Well thats all i have to say...i just wanted to share because i couldnt help to grin when i saw the odometer flip to 30,868 :beer:

Attachments

rlwm211

That is a great feeling, when you have put a significant amount of miles on your deuce. I put just shy of 3000 on mine last year and expect to do the same this year and the truck simply does what it does so well...
That is a tribute to the deisgners and their expertise that we can simply take over the ownership and continue on using them.​

Enjoy and keep smiling....as I tell JATONKA everytime I drive to his compound...​

"EVERY MILE's A SMILE IN MY DEUCE!!!!!!"​

RL​

Last edited:

Kevin C

Congratulations on the milestone! I really can't wait to be able to go out and buy a Deuce, but, priorities first. I need a newer, lower mileage daily driver. 99K on an older Camaro with no A/C won't cut it. :roll:

rlwm211

Mine was 340 round trip to NJ and back this spring. About 4 hours down, and then three days later 4 hours back.

Then there was the trip into the Adirondacks to retreive a generator, and a round about loop back to home with a couple of stops along the way and that one was 300+ and I stayed in the shelter on the back of the truck overnight.

Next up is Gilbert and I figure it is a few miles shy of 150 miles one way. That is next week.

RL

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well its about time to put my deuce away and i looked at the odometer and put 5000 miles on it this summer. i made the usual repairs on it this summer like changing oils and fixing oil leaks. I didnt have that many leaks an i cant blame the deuce when they were the original seals. All those miles and it didnt let me down once! I cant wait for next season! Until then, it'll sit behind the shop with tire chains and a full tank of fuel incase it needs to be called back into action! :wink:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks