• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Really big thanks to maccus, powerhousedeuce & actionfigurebob

markmontana

The best men are those who stand up, keep their word and finsh the job. You guys are the best and better!

When GL approved my first EUC- 75 days after the auction- I was really happy. I could make an easy run up to South Dakota and get my first deuce from Uncle Sam. But later that day I got a few more EUC notifications on some other trucks I had bid on during that long wait. Holy Crap batman- now I have to be in several places at the same time: Ellsworth, Ft McCoy and Ft Indiantown Gap.

No way can I say enough kind words for the help you guys provided. Even though the journey isn't complete, the trucks are safe and 10-17.

powerhousedeuce along with actionfigurebob made an awesome recovery of TWO M818's, that's pretty cool to see those big mothers in tow- convoy lights and all.

And to maccus, we made some serious mileage together (at about 47 mph), and spent the night in the same foxhole. Keep working on that nice M109, we have some trips coming up... take good care of your wife and make sure she get's what she needs- she's a good woman to put up with your hobby for this long- ha!

Pics and truck info when the recoveries are finished.

10-32

deuceman51

2nd that, Maccus is a great guy that I have had the opportunity to personally meet. The other guys i've never personally met, but their great reputations say enough for them. I think that's what is so great about SS is all the members who are willing to pitch in and help others. Thanks for helping keep this hobby great guys!!!!!!!!!!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That maccus guy is an alright dude.

Now if we could just get him to show up at a rally!

C

Attachments

gunner01

ahhh what a wonderful brother that maccus is we can all learn alot from people like him an PHD,AFB. thanks guys for helping when others are in need. I salute you.....

markmontana

The M35A3 is an interesting beast for sure. It did start to grow on me- after a couple hundred miles! If I could only have one MV- I would pick the M35A2. But since that doesn't apply, this A3 has a place in my collection.

I think Gene even found it to be an ok driver. And we got 10.94 mpg over 704 miles- not too bad.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Maccus is old...er...I mean and old SS helper from way back....er...this will end badly for me I bet!!

Seriously...you guys done a good thing helping a feller out. Maccus is an ole hardass that never gets tired...and a good troop as well.:!:

wsucougarx

You know, the more and more I see the A3 thread's popping up in here, the more I'm taking a liking to their looks;-). Hmmm, just what I need......another rig on the want list:razz:

The best men are those who stand up, keep their word and finsh the job. You guys are the best and better!

When GL approved my first EUC- 75 days after the auction- I was really happy. I could make an easy run up to South Dakota and get my first deuce from Uncle Sam. But later that day I got a few more EUC notifications on some other trucks I had bid on during that long wait. Holy Crap batman- now I have to be in several places at the same time: Ellsworth, Ft McCoy and Ft Indiantown Gap.

No way can I say enough kind words for the help you guys provided. Even though the journey isn't complete, the trucks are safe and 10-17.

powerhousedeuce along with actionfigurebob made an awesome recovery of TWO M818's, that's pretty cool to see those big mothers in tow- convoy lights and all.

And to maccus, we made some serious mileage together (at about 47 mph), and spent the night in the same foxhole. Keep working on that nice M109, we have some trips coming up... take good care of your wife and make sure she get's what she needs- she's a good woman to put up with your hobby for this long- ha!

Pics and truck info when the recoveries are finished.

10-32
Looks like we will get to meet each other sooner than later. Your 818 w recovery lights just arrived at my farm. The other 818 will join it tomorrow. Matt(Powerhousedeuce) was keeping them both at his shop but is taking fire from his landlord about "those" big ugly green trucks. I live on 10 acres and am free of the prying eyes of the public so they are safe here till you arrive. They will be in good company in the pasture next to my deuce and M814 and Matt and Dudleys(Atankersdad) deuces Updates to follow. PM me for details if you care to. Actionfigure out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks