• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Really cool m818 tractor gun truck..

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hmmm... if that M818 can maintain convoy speed with an armored body on it, it doesnt' seem "non-repairable".

Looks like they 'repaired' it to me! :D

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
In Vietnam the Army used a similar type of vehicle called the ACAV to bust up ambushes on the MSR's. The guys and gals in the AMC shop in Kuwait are true patriotic heros working very long hours to build things like this for our Soldiers. They also developed the first and very successful roll over trainer for the HMMWV. I often went down there late at night to weld with them when I had a long day of higher ups having good ideas. I was privileged to be the first Officer to roll over in the trainer when they were first setting it up. I have some pictures that I will post here in the future since I have to find them.

TacticalTruck

That picture is from 2003. The story I heard at the time was the construction was halted by higher ups and the truck was never finished. I have never seen a finished product.
Jeff

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Jeff:
The higher ups even made some of the Soldiers remove the steel artwork on their grills even though it was getting rave reviews from all the other Soldiers and Iraqis as well. Sometimes I just don't understand the way they think. That is one reason I became an officer to add a little common Soldier thougths to the brainstorms we hold.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks