• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

really dumb question about the battery box... M54A2

kastein

Can't find any threads detailing this, maybe I just suck at searching. My battery box really doesn't want to come out, the two screw retainers at the bottom front edge won't turn at all and I can't slide it out. I'd just put a cheater pipe on the screw retainer handles and go to town but I don't want to break it or foul anything up worse, is that the right move? I can't quite see what they're screwed into on the back when looking up from underneath.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Screw retainers?

If they are like the M809 series.

Should be handles that you rotate and lift at the same time. They act like a 'barrel bolt" and lock into a hole at the bottom. With them up, the trey should slide out.

kastein

Seems I simply wasn't applying enough violence to the problem.

The piece of angle iron that slides into the two friction clips at the back of the support rails was rusted in place. Silly me, I thought I was going to break something. Discovered this when I crawled under it and got another look at it with a better light, then simply applied a 2x4 block and an 8lb sledge to the equation. It slid right out.

I don't even have fullsize 6TL type batteries in it, just some random MDT batteries the previous owner installed, and it still sucked carrying them down the hill. Now if I could just find my charger...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks