• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

really nice Deuce for auction in MI

houdel

Yes, it is a nice truck, but the auctions at Selfridge seem to go for big bucks. They had another nearly identical one, '71 AM General, hardtop with 19835 miles in running condition that they auctioned in January. It went for $3750. I looked at both of them when I was there in Jan, both were nice but more than I wanted to pay.

micky

If you want a low milage truck in good shape on the left coast you will pay twice the price you guys back east have to pay. That looks like a nice truck.

ida34

No. Bill of sale is worthless by itself. I have went over this in previous posts so do a search but they are expecting a title. No title will mean you need to do a vin inspection and if the truck is worth over $2500 you will need to put up a surety bond for a number of years until they are satisfied the original owner with the original title is not going to come get it. PM me if anyone needs more info.

houdel

Chuck is correct, the bill of sale is worthless by itself. No SF-97, no title without a fair amount of hassle in Michigan. I'm going through that right now. You have to get a LEO to fill out a form TR-54, "Vehicle Number and On-Road Equipment Inspection". Then you go to the Secretary of State for a blank Surety Bond form. Take that to your Insurance Co., they fill it out and you pay the fee, in my case $82 for a $2750 truck. Then you take the TR-54, Surety Bond and application for title back to the SOS. Give them the paperwork, pay the title fee (and sales tax, if not already paid to GL) and eventually you will get your title.

You CAN get a historical plate WITHOUT a title though. They are ordered through the mail directly from the SOS main office in Lansing. The back of the form states along with the application you have to provide "Proof of ownership, preferably a copy of the title", but does not state a title is required.

BTW, here is the link to the Michigan SOS historical plate application:
http://www.michigan.gov/documents/hplate_16252_7.pdf

In addition to the standard blue and white historical plate, Michigan will also register your vehicle using an original Michigan license plate from the model year of your vehicle. Once I figure out the year of my truck, I'm going to get an original plate to register it. '60s era Michigan license plates are going in the $5 to $25 range on Ebay, depending on the particular year and condition of the plate. Most of the plates I've looked at were in excellent shape, some were even unused and still in the original envelope.

I have to disagree with Mickey on the price of trucks on the Left Coast though. Before buying my truck, I bid on several trucks in Vermont, Georgia, Ohio and someplace else that I can't remember. They all went for $4000 and up, some over $5000. At the same time, there were 16 trucks listed at Port Hueneme in the People's Republik of Kalifornia. They sold from a low of $621 to a high of $2990. Most were in the $1850 to $2500 range.

It looks like a lot depends on how many trucks are listed at a particular site at one time. If a site has only one or two trucks, there is a lot of competition and prices are high. If the site is selling a lot of trucks at the same time, the bids get spread out and the prices are lower.

Lee

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks