• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear air lines

dilligaf13

I'm finishing up bobbing my Deuce this week. I was wondering what guys did with their rear airlines once they chopped the frame. I didn't know if I should just picked up some new shorter lines or criss crossed the lines already there to the opposite sides to take up the slack. Thanks.

Westech

CPL
Just cut the lines and re-flare the ends.... Not that hard.

And if you cross the lines to the other side you MAY have problems towing a trailer. One side is the service brakes and the other is the emergency air line. You would NOT want to get them mixed up on a trailer.

dilligaf13

That makes sense. I haven't unbolted my line from the frame yet. How big of hole do I need to drill for the line to pass through and attach to the frame like stock? Thanks.

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm finishing up bobbing my Deuce this week. I was wondering what guys did with their rear airlines once they chopped the frame. I didn't know if I should just picked up some new shorter lines or criss crossed the lines already there to the opposite sides to take up the slack. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

If you are bobbing the truck, I would not think you would even NEED to ask this question

dilligaf13

I was simply trying to determine if anyone knew off the top of their heads the size of the hole so I could determine if I had a large enough drill bit or would need to order one. Thanks for the help and smart a$$ comments.

Awesome Possum

I'm finishing up bobbing my Deuce this week. I was wondering what guys did with their rear airlines once they chopped the frame. I didn't know if I should just picked up some new shorter lines or criss crossed the lines already there to the opposite sides to take up the slack. Thanks.
What a bunch of wiseacres! I am to this very point now. When I took all the fittings off at my house, I put a double bend in the air lines so they'd hold long enough to get it to my friends house for the real work. Never really looked at what kind of fitting connected the air lines to the glad hands, so yesterday I twisted that sucker right off the end of the line. Was very pleased to find it was a compression fitting so there is not need to flare it. YMMV but I think they are consistent. Now I just have to figure out how to get the hydraulic brake lines hooked up neatly. Was going to ask here, but I don't need anyone showing up at my door with a suppository for the cat!

FWIW, always take pictures! Now I just gotta' find them.......

MrM4

I capped mine off, I chose to lift this one and so I expect to never pull a trailer and unless I do some serious mods to a 105 the angle of the hitch would be pretty ugly. Its all pretty basic stuff, should I ever change my mind, flare and re install.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks