• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear axle seal please help

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not all RTV is the same....I use a sealant that is oil-proof & fuel-proof: "The Right Stuff." You can get it from NAPA.

I used it on all of my Deuce axles and there's not a single drip from anywhere on the truck now...BUT, I still made a cork wedge to seal the opening while surrounding it with TRS.

Last edited:

jrobinson5093

I will use some motorcraft stuff we have here at the ford dealer I work at. It is the best stuff I have ever seen. I will try and make a wedge if I can not find the one that came out and use the sealent to put it back in.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You should be fine then. Be sure to check your axle vents to ensure that they're not full of gunk/dirt/debris, which will build up pressure inside the axle and wipe out your wheel-end seals...I think they're easily removed with a 7/16" open-end wrench, and you can clean them right out that way & flush with some brake cleaner when done.