• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Axle Seal TM question?

nukem

I've printed off TM 9-2320-209-34-2-1. I'm looking specifically for the procedures for rear axle seal replacement. I've found bearing removal and replacement and inspection, axle removal,etc.

I haven't seen a USAF TO in thirty years.

Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is TM 9-2320-361-20 section 9.4 page 9-10 good?
Not really impressed about that one... Confusing at least, like "CAUTION: Do not slide seal over threaded end of spindle, or damage to seal may result."....

Sure enough there are lots of posts and step-by-step write-ups, here on SS, which describe the process in question in much better detail than that TM!

This one post has many links about just that topic.

G.

nukem

Thanks a lot. Some of my complete TO's were less than ten pages. When I was a lowly e2, I usually did my certs with an e7 who was doing his re-certs. He as team chief and me as team member. I would memorize the entire TO and call off the steps to him while performing the work. He would check off the steps as I completed them. Sorry about being so finicky. In my former world, there would be a separate book for the injector pump, transmission, differential, etc. I had one big book for general stuff and lots of small books.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks