• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear bumper tire carrier questions

parklandtrans

Camoyj7,
You are 100% correct...these type of ends denote a heavy duty steel bumper, not the Aluminum type...in fact I think that I've only seen 1 Aluminum bumper in my whole life...not very common. In my opinion the H/D style in picture #1 is the only bumper to use...overbuilt to the MAX..!!
Does anyone have a line on the Rhino Spare Tire carrier as pictured in #1....preferably a very good used one but will entertain a NOS bumper as well...!!! Again, a 100% overbuilt piece of equipment...!!!... I love it..!!

Thanks everybody,
Bob H.
1-253-225-0441

avlon01

Are there any carriers that mount to the stock non-airlift rear? Everything I've found needs an airlift bumper and I just don't like the way they look.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are there any carriers that mount to the stock non-airlift rear? Everything I've found needs an airlift bumper and I just don't like the way they look.
there aren't any..and please don't post a pic of the unit that no one has ever owned. Someone posted a pic in another thread. Never seen one in 30yrs of military service. If it was used, it would be in a TM, and there are none in any of the TM's...I like the look of no bumper, that is till you get rear ended or back into something, I guarantee you will change your mind....lol
At minimum you will need a new fender, but most likey a new D-Beam too.
i had a truck in that was rear ended...2 new fenders, new D-beam, 2 new deck 1/4 panals and had to graft in 6in of new main rear deck.
that was about 5k in labor and parts.

Last edited:

Action

Rico once made the brackets to mount the carrier without using the airlift bumper. I don't think they sell those anymore, though.
You can get a civilian H1 bed mounted carrier, but that takes up all your storage space.
You can put a slantback kit on and keep the spare on the hatch.