• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Differential Magnet

allenhillview

The magnet on the inside of rear-end housing is attached to the bottom right below the ring gear.

What was used to affix it to housing?

I pulled it up and out to clean before new oil so now I need to put back,... with what?

Anybody re-do this adhesive?

Well since it's a magnet I'd imagine it would stick to the housing. A lot of transmission pans have a magnet sitting on the bottom of the pan.

If you want a little extra security; I'd use a little JB Weld. It's strong as ****, fuel/oil resistant, and it's good anywhere from -70°F up to 500°F.

allenhillview

Guys mine had a gooey, tar like adhesive on bottom. I knew someone wouldn't take it serious that it was really there, but thats the way it is.

Take out one thats never been open you'll see, until then I'll find something, thanks for the replies.

This also a first for me, I actually had to pry with screw driver to get up then went to clean and it looked like sludge in the beginning but then after lacquer thinner, found substance.

engineman2

If you're concerned ditch that magnet and get a super strong neodymium magnet from Lowe's or something. A little one will have a ton of pull and will definitely stick to the housing. Or you can JB weld it. Like Bear said, the goo is just metal powder and gummy gear oil. I just stuck mine back where it was and let it be as everyone else said.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks