• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Differential

The Baron

Hey just figured out that the fluid in my rear differential is leaking. I've been reading posts and the manual for about an hour now. People keep saying different things. Some say that the oil needs to be 80/90 others say it needs to be 90/75. Also some say I need to add the posi addictive in the rear and others don't. If someone could clear this up I'd appreciate it.

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off what cucv do you have? You can run 80/90 in the diffs
Good opening question Cucvnut...

Guys, if you're going to ask for help, you really need to state year and MV type like M1008, M1009, M-35A1, etc in your post.

We're not "mind readers"...

People need to pull their heads out of their duffle bags and "think" before posting.

Geez, I see this all the time on other vehicle forums, eBay, Craigslist, etc... :evil:

Ok, rant off... 8)

unless you live in a climate under 0 degrees year round, you just use 80/90 with no additive. If you have a droid or iphone you can put the TM's and lube order on your phone and take them with you wherever you go. Having the TM's in my pocket has saved my ass many times!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1341077157.247962.jpg

Last edited:

donalloy1

LO 9-2320-289-12 Lubrication Order calls for 80/90 in temperatures above 32F. It calls for additive in the front difs of the 1028's and 1031.
The 80/90 Lube Order has had me baffled since day one! Where do we purchase it? I have yet to find 80/90 Gear Oil on shelf anywhere. Please help! DMLII sends...:driver:

197thhhc

The 80/90 Lube Order has had me baffled since day one! Where do we purchase it? I have yet to find 80/90 Gear Oil on shelf anywhere. Please help! DMLII sends...:driver:
Look for 80w90 gear oil. All auto parts stores have it its usually near the regular oils. You will see it mostly in 1 quart squeeze bottles

donalloy1

Look for 80w90 gear oil. All auto parts stores have it its usually near the regular oils. You will see it mostly in 1 quart squeeze bottles
Time to dump the diffs! Been scared to do so because I thought the fluid was some special mil-spec blend. Thanks for squaring me away. DMLII sends....:driver:

jamesw0352

where is it leaking? the plugs have crush washers on them made of copper, which is a soft metal. if it is leaking around the plugs, the you might want to look into replacing them. as for oil, 80/90. i put shaeffers synthetic 80/90 in my M35A3.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks