• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear end help

barrettb

a seal went out on my m1009. the piece that the seal when out on is the piece that the tire bolts on to that goes to the middle of the axle. and i am not sure how to take the piece out of the axle so if you could help me it would really help me.

builder77

In Memorial
In Memorial
Please reread what you wrote it is a bit hard to read. Also you need to post your location in your signature line.

You have c-clip axle which means you need to remove the differential cover and pop the c-clips off of the axle shafts in order to remove them.

Welcome to Steelsoldiers.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You need to remove the rear inspection cover. As you rotate the carrier around you will find a small pin/bolt that secures the center shaft of the carrier. Once the pin is removed, the center shaft can be slid out of the carrier. Once thats out of the way, the axle can be slid in enough to get the C clip off the shoulder on the axle. All of this should be covered in the technical manuals that are available as a free download here on Steel Soldiers.