• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear fenders

cucvrus

They do unbolt underneath along the floor line. But it is not too bad once you take a small 2" grinder in the door jamb and grind out the caulking and sealer. You can see the spot welds and you just drill an 1/8" hole in the center of each spot weld and then get a spot weld remover milling bit and drill the spot welds out. You can drill new holes in the new 1/4 panel and weld it back on at the same place. The rear gate opening at the threshold is welded a bit. Not impossible. But it is a bit tricky at the roof B pillar. But still doable with a few tools , a welder and some skills. I do make it sound easier then it is. But it is about a 7 with a 10 being most difficult. They do make patch panels that you do not need to get so in-depth cutting and fitting. Fitting is the skill part. Or cut panels from a donor truck. That I have done in the past. Good Luck. Show us what you want to fix.

tankie88

It's the rear arches and the rear bottom corners behind the bumper.I know you can get repair panels.The wheels arch panels don't do the parts of the arch that has rotted.So I thought....bummer,just replace both fenders.

cucvrus

Are you talking the inner fenders on the rear quarter panels? They do make them parts new also. I have used a few of them. they are not real bad once you use the repair panels and cut the area out to access the rot.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not to be picky but the only CUCVs that have rear fenders are the duallies. All other CUCVs have rear quarter panels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks