• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear goat covers

m38inmaine

I am in need of a cover but price will determine if I can buy one. I have an old one I was going to have one made from but may wait now. Thanks for looking into this.

combat32

I would be interested as well, price would be a factor of course. **** I still need bows too!

They seem to be made of unobtanium.

m38inmaine

Bows are an issue, they do seem hard to find and are expensive to ship. I shipped a single bow to TX which is smaller than the cargo bows and it was $75. I have a set for mine and they are simply a tube with flat ends, a company with a tubing bender could crank them out easily.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Put me down for one cover,
So what will it be 3 color camo, plain Jane green or tan, real canvas?

I asked a while back if someone could lay a goat bow on a piece of paper and trace the corner bends and the middle bends, and get some length dimensions, so I might fab a set. But no takers. Could make a set of collapsible bows. Shrink one end of the various sections so the pieces could slide together. Easier to ship. like the piece from a Harbor Freight Canopy.
Slide together.pngcanopy.jpg

Jericho

I would like two tops to start possibly four, depends on PRICE. Bows are a cinch to make, all you need is some galvanized electrical conduit and an electricians bender, then flatten the ends a bit uniformly.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
m38inmaine,
if you could, that would be most appreciated.
I looked over my goat thread and could find the measurement request.
It must have been in my expired goat parts wanted post in the classifieds.
I was looking for something like this. And the O.D. of the tubing.
Are the bows aluminum or steel?

bow measurement.jpg

m38inmaine

Steel tubing, according to my caliper 3/32 wall thickness, 1 1/16 outside diameter. As per your drawing there are no mounting tabs, the last 24" or so of the tubing is flattened out to fit in the carrier slots. I can trace one out and send you the tracing if you like.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Thanks. I will pm you my snail mail address.

I didn't know about the flattened bow.

I learn some goat info almost every day.

RICKSHAWSAUTO

goat cargo covers / based on having 10 made the manufacture wants 410.00 us . they want 50 % down , they said they
could quote on the end panels as well . I think we can still get the end panels with out to much difficulty . so the hard part is
how many do we purchase , how do we come up with the funds , I could purchase them through my busness and you could
pay for them will visa , only I live in Canada , and there is a cost to me to use visa , or maybe well can pay them directly ,
I will call them tomorrow . the company is c.r.daniels inc. / thanks rick shaw

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks