• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear jerry can mount

Kenneth Cole

Hi
I'm not sure on this but I saw a picture of an M37 that appeared to have a modified jerry can mounted on the right rear side of the bed. It looked like the can had been shorted in height. Has anyone seen anything like this?
Again the picture was small and taken from an angle up front of the truck.
Anyway let me know.

Thanks
Ken

nattieleather

I have seen trucks with the jerry can mount on the bed. The only thing might be needed is a back spacer to move the mount out a tad so that the can can fit with out hitting the top rail of the truck. But that's going from memory of how the truck is made.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had one of those once, thought it was some weird military one, but no it was a compact Blitz can from long ago.

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is also something called a "Gypsy Rack" that goes on the tailgate of an M-37 that holds 5 or 6 Jerry cans. I've attached a pretty poor quality picture of one below. The picture was taken in Viet-Nam back in the day.....

Storm 51

Attachments

wdbtchr

I have three of those 2.5 gallon Blitz cans, believe it or not I bought them new back in the mid 80s at Target of all places. I've seen a few on Epay but they must be made of unobtainieum because they want so much for them.:roll: