• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear Left Hub - Lower Ball Joint Slightly Loose

erasedhammer

Just did a quick inspection of my lower ball joint on my right rear hub and noticed that it has about a 1/16 of an inch of movement in it. Should I go ahead and replace it? Is this dangerous?

Also I looked at the tie rod and noticed that the hole in the stud for the retainer clip is way below the nut, it appears to have never had a washer above the nut? Anyone know what size washer is supposed to be used here?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the balljoint squeak?

Wire Fox

Yes. Replacement nessesary?
I agree with orgnal. Order up a replacement because the current one is definitely on the way out. Heck, maybe a pair so both side will be equally fresh. But, I'd personally still continue to drive it on short trips until the replacement part was in, assuming that's no more than about a week.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does the balljoint squeak?
Yes. Replacement nessesary?
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?167590-How-to-fix-squeaky-suspension&highlight=

I have asked you to stop posting new threads when you should be continuing your existing posts/threads.

Pretty logical that the link above is where you should have posted about your balljoint.

Please stop cluttering up the forums with new threads when you should be continuing existing threads. It would also help you if others do not need to look for multiple threads by you, to get the whole story on a subject/problem.

If you can't we may consider putting you on moderation(I call it babysitting).

Last edited:

erasedhammer

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?167590-How-to-fix-squeaky-suspension&highlight=

I have asked you to stop posting new threads when you should be continuing your existing posts/threads.

Pretty logical that the link above is where you should have posted about your balljoint.

Please stop cluttering up the forums with new threads when you should be continuing existing threads. It would also help you if others do not need to look for multiple threads by you, to get the whole story on a subject/problem.

If you can't we may consider putting you on moderation(I call it babysitting).
Sorry, but these are two different problems.
My squeaky suspension is front left steering rod arm.
This is a lower ball joint on the left rear hub.
When the tire is on and the suspension is working there is no squeaking. It only squeaks when I pull the hub up and down, and barely even then.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks