• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear light on M37

OutpostM37

My question is answered. Blackout Marker Lights serve the purpose of marking the position of the vehicle during blackout driving. They also are used as an aid in keeping the proper safe following distance when driving in a convoy at night. US Military marker lights are designed with a series of "cat eyes" that appear differently depending on the distance one is away from the vehicle that is equipped with the lights. When the following distance is too far the rear marker lights appear as a single red light and when too close as four separate red lights. When the correct following distance of 180 to 60 feet is maintained the taillights appear as two red lights.

just me

What no one has mentioned is that that one is the blackout brake light. The blackout running lights are in the other two housings.

Last edited:

mdainsd

Yep, those are on M37s that have turn signals installed. Without T/S the blackout brake light is in the Right hand tail light assembly. Turn signals needed the large red glass lens for the right, so they use the same light assembly for right and left and the B/O stop light got divorced and set beside the main light.

OutpostM37

This is the type of info that I was looking for from the forum. Thanks!

Yep, those are on M37s that have turn signals installed. Without T/S the blackout brake light is in the Right hand tail light assembly. Turn signals needed the large red glass lens for the right, so they use the same light assembly for right and left and the B/O stop light got divorced and set beside the main light.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks