• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

rear main find

csramsey640

I am the 1st civi owner of my m1008, and shortly after bringing her home, I noticed an oil leak at the rear of the engine. Before digging in, I checked the site and saw that rear mains are common. Tonight I pulled the cap, only to find....a new style neoprene seal:| Sure enough I planned little to no seal, but its there. I pulled the seal, and have the new one in place. I have replaced a few rear mains, and I did not see anything wrong with the old seal. Hopefully when I go back together I dont have any leakers. BTW, 39k on the girl

Westech

CPL
they just dry out. even if its a new type seal a couple years of no use or just running a little bit here and there will dry it out from dry starts. thats the worst thing in the world is to not run a engine.

csramsey640

-

LOL, it wasnt until I started cleaning the pan up, that I realized they didnt use any pan gasket, just RTV, and that you could see where it was leaking right beside the rear rubber seal:roll: I replaced the rear main, and new pan gasket. No leaks...yet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks