• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rear main seal 1969 M109A3 multi fuel needs replacing

Last Man Standing

on my way home after an afternoon drive the clutch started to slip I got out to inspect the deuce and noticed oil leaking through the drain hole at the bottom of the housing. I am mechanically inclined have changed engines transmissions on reg cars. I've never taken on a rear main seal in a deuce can somebody please tell me any specifics or what I'm in for when taking on this project at home any information advice or input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tim

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just like anything else with a one piece rear main seal.

Pull the trans, clutch and flywheel, remove the rear main, install the new.

Flywheel is heavy, you won't enjoy that part.

The flywheel bolt pattern is assymeterical, so mark the flywheel and crank. You'll thank me later.

Try and borrow an old trans input shaft to line up the clutch.

Take this opportunity to reseal the trans.

andy3

When I bought mine a week before the rally NO-ONE had them in stock except Amazon. I received it in 2 days and the best price.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks